In Focus: ESG Data Requirements: What Directors Need to Know
The Forum's In Focus series is a virtual roundtable series for fund directors and CCOs. During these one-hour virtual meetings, guest experts will join us to present and then take questions and comments from directors and CCOs. These discussions are designed to be more interactive than a typical webinar, and are offered free of charge to all current fund independent directors and CCOs.
This session will focus on board oversight of ESG data and reporting with Adrian Whelan, Global Head of Regulatory Intelligence for Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) Investor Services. Adrian will:
- Provide an ESG data requirement update, including information on the reliability of currently available data and how to address data gaps
- Address the key roles and responsibilities surrounding ESG data, including those of:
- Directors and CCOs
- Investment Managers
- Custodians/other data service providers
- Discuss active stewardship; using proxy power to drive change
- Explain the impact of differences in rules for European vs US funds
- Address the practical consequences of what has been a bumpy roll-out of ESG data requirements globally
This meeting will be on Zoom on October 19, 2022 from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm (ET).