SEC Announces New Members to Investment Advisory Committee
The SEC recently announced eight new members to fill all vacancies on the Investor Advisory Committee. Established under the Dodd-Frank Act, the Committee advises the SEC on “regulatory priorities and various initiatives to help protect investors and promote the integrity of the U.S. securities markets.” The eight new members will join the fifteen current Committee members, and will serve four-year terms. The new members of the Investor Advisory Committee include:
- James Andrus, Interim Managing Investment Director, Board Governance & Sustainability, CalPERS
- Gina-Gail S. Fletcher, Professor of Law, Duke Law School
- Colleen Honigsberg, Associate Professor of Law, Stanford Law School
- Christine M. Lazaro, Professor of Clinical Legal Education, St. John’s University School of Law; Of Counsel, Law Offices of Brent A. Burns LLC
- Andrew Park, Senior Policy Analyst – Hedge Funds and Private Equity, Americans for Financial Reform
- Dr. David L. Rhoiney, Staff General Surgeon, U.S. Navy
- Paul F. Roye, Retired, Former Senior Vice President and Senior Counsel, Fund Business Management Group, Capital Research and Management Company
- Brian L. Schorr, Partner and Chief Legal Officer, Trian Fund Management L.P.
Click here to read the SEC’s press release covering the new members of the Investor Advisory Committee.